Monday 28 June 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Silly Love Songs by Wings.
In UK Combine Harvester by The Wurzels was in the top 5 hits.
To the Devil a Daughter, directed by Peter Sykes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1976!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1976 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Alessandra Gucci: Italian noted family, the daughter of Maurizio and Patrizia Gucci, heiress to her father's fortune when he was murdered 27 March 1995.
- Shinobu Asagoe: Japanese tennis player.
- Seth Wescott: American snowboarder.
- Stanley Baker: Actor (Accident, Guns of Navarone), dies at 49.
- 1st woman was admitted to Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Hijacked French Airbus lands in Entebbe, Uganda
- The Angolan court sentenced US and UK mercenaries to death sentences and prison terms in the Luanda Trial.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wings - Silly Love Songs
- The Manhattans - Kiss And Say Goodbye
- Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
- Silver Convention - Get Up And Boogie (That's Right)
- Gary Wright - Love Is Alive
- Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue
- The Brothers Johnson - I'll Be Good To You
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Sara Smile
- Captain and Tennille - Shop Around
- More, More, More (Part 1) - Andrea True Connection
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?