Monday 28 June 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Silly Love Songs by Wings.
In UK Combine Harvester by The Wurzels was in the top 5 hits.
To the Devil a Daughter, directed by Peter Sykes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1976!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1976 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Alessandra Gucci: Italian noted family, the daughter of Maurizio and Patrizia Gucci, heiress to her father's fortune when he was murdered 27 March 1995.
- Shinobu Asagoe: Japanese tennis player.
- Seth Wescott: American snowboarder.
- Stanley Baker: Actor (Accident, Guns of Navarone), dies at 49.
- 1st woman was admitted to Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Hijacked French Airbus lands in Entebbe, Uganda
- The Angolan court sentenced US and UK mercenaries to death sentences and prison terms in the Luanda Trial.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wings - Silly Love Songs
- Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
- Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Sara Smile
- Captain and Tennille - Shop Around
- More, More, More (Part 1) - Andrea True Connection
- Silver Convention - Get Up And Boogie (That's Right)
- The Brothers Johnson - I'll Be Good To You
- The Manhattans - Kiss And Say Goodbye
- Gary Wright - Love Is Alive
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?