Wednesday 29 August 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wyomia Tyus and Chris Copping.
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1945 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Wyomia Tyus: American athlete and Olympian, she won gold medals in two consecutive Olympics for the 100-meter race in the track and field events.
- Chris Copping: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Procol Harum).
- Harry Morgan: German porn actor director and producer (d. 2011).
- British liberate Hong Kong from Japan
- Gen MacArthur named Supreme Commander of Allied Powers in Japan
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Perry Como - (Did You Ever Get) That Feeling in the Moonlight
- Ella Fitzgerald & Delta Rhythm Boys - It's Only a Paper Moon
- On The Atcheson, Topeka, and the Santa Fe - Tommy Tucker & His Orchestra
- Hoagy Carmichael - Hong Kong Blues
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?