Wednesday 30 April 1975
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to He Don't Love You (Like I Love You) by Tony Orlando and Dawn.
In UK Bye Bye Baby by Bay City Rollers was in the top 5 hits.
Mandingo, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Moneychangers by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1975!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1975 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Michael Chaturantabut: Thai-American actor and stuntman.
- Tomi Joutsen: Finnish singer-songwriter (Amorphis).
- Elliott Sadler: American race car driver.
- Mike Chat: American actor.
- Johnny Galecki: American actor.
- David Moncoutié: French road racing cyclist, who rode with the French team Cofidis for his entire professional career (1997-2012). A climber, he won his first professional race in a mountain stage of Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré. He has won Mountains Classification in Vuelta a España four times, one short of the record of five held by José Luis Laguía.
- Fall of Saigon (or Liberation of Saigon from the Communist perspective): Communist forces gain control of Saigon. The Vietnam War formally ends with the unconditional surrender of South Vietnamese president Duong Van Minh.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - He Don't Love You (Like I Love You)
- Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom
- Freddy Fender - Before The Next Teardrop Falls
- B.J. Thomas - (Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Shining Star
- Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Jackie Blue
- Carpenters - Only Yesterday
- Sammy Johns - Chevy Van
- The Blackbyrds - Walking In Rhythm
- Leo Sayer - Long Tall Glasses (I Can Dance)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 April 1975 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?