Saturday 1 April 2000US date format: 4/1/2000, UK date format: 1/4/2000
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 1, 2000). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Say My Name by Destiny's Child.
In UK Fill Me In by Craig David was in the top 5 hits.
Return to Me, directed by Bonnie Hunt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2000
while Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Then Came You.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cue Club or Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 2000
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 2000!
Which were the important events of 1 April 2000 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 April
- Alexander Mackenzie Stuart: Baron Mackenzie-Stuart, Scottish jurist (Born 1924).
- Japanese prime minister Obuchi Keizo suffers a stroke and falls into a coma.
Sport Games on 1 April 2000
- Atlanta Hawks - Houston Rockets : 93 - 115
- Boston Celtics - Cleveland Cavaliers : 103 - 109
- Charlotte Hornets - Chicago Bulls : 90 - 87
- Milwaukee Bucks - Portland Trail Blazers : 79 - 113
Serie AItalian Football
- Fiorentina - Bologna : 2 - 2
- Juventus - Lazio : 0 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Aalst - Westerlo : 1 - 1
- Anderlecht - Mechelen : 5 - 0
- Club Brugge - Charleroi : 3 - 1
- Germinal - Gent : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Dortmund - Hamburg : 0 - 1
- Ein Frankfurt - Bielefeld : 2 - 1
- Hertha - Schalke 04 : 2 - 1
- Munich 1860 - Leverkusen : 1 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2000 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Destiny's Child - Say My Name
- Maria Maria - Santana Featuring The Product G&B
- Sisqo - Thong Song
- Joe - I Wanna Know
- Untitled (How Does It Feel) - D'Angelo
- Aaliyah - I Don't Wanna
- Montell Jordan - Get It On Tonite
- Sammie - I Like It
- Hot Boyz - Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott Featuring NAS, EVE & Q-Tip
- Black Rob - Whoa!
Top #10 Latin songs
- A Puro Dolor - Son By Four
- Que Alguien Me Diga - Gilberto Santa Rosa
- Donde Esta El Amor - Charlie Zaa
- El Liston De Tu Pelo - Los Angeles Azules
- Conjunto Primavera - Morir De Amor
- Te Hice Mal - Los Temerarios
- Volver A Amar - Cristian
- Carlos Vives - Fruta Fresca
- Te Ofrezco Un Corazon - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Dimelo [I Need To Know] - Marc Anthony
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?