Monday July 01, 2013
US date format: 7/1/2013, UK date format: 1/7/2013
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see zodiac on July 1, 2013). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative), Pope Francis was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke.
R.I.P.D., directed by Robert Schwentke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2013
while Conquer Your Love by J.C. Reed was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching About Time.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Demon Gaze or Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 01, 2013?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- See more
- Demonstrations across Egypt gather about 15 million people nationwide calling for the resignation of Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi. (The Atlantic)
- At least 16 people, including an American, have been killed, and 800 injured, in the anti-government demonstrations that began last week. (The Jerusalem Post) (CNN)
- Egyptian army officials issue a 48-hour ultimatum to the Muslim Brotherhood-linked government of President Mohamed Morsi to respond to the concerns of millions of protesters who have taken to the streets calling for Morsi’s resignation, or it will “step in to restore order”. (BBC) (The New York Times) (CNN)
- At least 47 people are killed and more than 90 wounded in two separate bomb blasts in Pakistan, one in a Shiite suburb of Quetta and the other in an attack on a paramilitary convoy in the northwest of the country; a Sunni extremist group reportedly claims responsibility. (CNN)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 01, 2013?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 R&B songs
- Robin Thicke Featuring T.I. + Pharrell - Blurred Lines
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us
- Mariah Carey Featuring Miguel - #Beautiful
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Wanz - Thrift Shop
- J. Cole Featuring Miguel - Power Trip
Top #5 Rock songs
- Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
- Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)
- Phillip Phillips - Gone, Gone, Gone
- AWOLNATION - Sail
- Capital Cities - Safe And Sound
Top #5 Latin songs
- Marc Anthony - Vivir Mi Vida
- Gerardo Ortiz - Damaso
- Banda Carnaval - Y Te Vas
- Daddy Yankee - Limbo
- J Alvarez - La Pregunta
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $90.39
- Apple AAPL: opens at $402.69
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $34.75
- General Electric GE: opens at $23.21
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $192.15
- 1 USD = 99.62 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.0495 CAD
- 1 USD = 0.945 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.1327 CNY
- 1 EUR = 130.11 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on July 01, 2013?
On July 01, 2013 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is July 01, 2013?
On July 01, 2013 the zodiac sign was Cancer.
Who was the US President on July 01, 2013?
On July 01, 2013 the US President was Barack Obama (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on July 01, 2013?
On July 01, 2013 the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on July 01, 2013?
On July 01, 2013 Pope Francis was leading the Catholic Church.