Thursday May 01, 1997
US date format: 5/1/1997, UK date format: 1/5/1997
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 1, 1997). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jake Foushee and Miles Ocampo.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Hypnotize by The Notorious B.I.G..
In UK I Believe I Can Fly by R Kelly was in the top 5 hits.
L.A. Confidential, directed by Curtis Hanson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The Gift Of Peace by Joseph Cardinal Bernardin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vanishing Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anastasia: Adventures with Pooka and Bartok or Final Liberation.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 01, 1997?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- See more
- Toni Blair elected Prime Minister of the UK
- Bebe: AKA Flipper, dolphin, dies at 40.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 01, 1997?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize
- Puff Daddy - Can't Nobody Hold Me Down
- Jewel - You Were Meant For Me
- Monica - For You I Will
- Savage Garden - I Want You
- The Spice Girls - Wannabe
- Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack
- AZ Yet - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Paula Cole - Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
- B-Rock & The Bizz - My Baby Daddy
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?