Sunday 1 June 1997
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peyton Mabry and Devon Brown.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to MMMbop by Hanson.
In UK Lovefool by The Cardigans was in the top 5 hits.
Con Air, directed by Simon West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Affair by Amanda Quick was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Automobili Lamborghini or Doraemon: Nobita to Mittsu no Seireiseki.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1997!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 June 1997 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
Famous Birthdays:01 June
- Nikolai Tikhonov: Soviet Prime Minister (1980-85), dies at 92.
- 1st New York Women Film Festival opens
- 51st Tony Awards: Titanic and Last Night of Ballyhoo win
- Ameritech Senior Golf Open
- Annika Sorenstam wins LPGA Michelob Light Classic
- Heartland LPGA Classic
- Vijay Singh wins Golf Memorial at Muirfield Village Country Club - 14 under par
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Hanson - MMMbop
- The Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize
- The Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There
- Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack
- Jewel - You Were Meant For Me
- Monica - For You I Will
- I Belong To You (Every Time I See Your Face) - Rome
- The Freshman - The Verve Pipe
- Savage Garden - I Want You
- Paula Cole - Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 June 1997
- Utah Jazz - Chicago Bulls : 82 - 84
Serie AItalian Football
- Bologna - Inter : 2 - 2
- Juventus - Lazio : 2 - 2
- Milan - Cagliari : 0 - 1
- Napoli - Vicenza : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- CZ Jena - Hertha : 2 - 1
- Ein Frankfurt - Kaiserslautern : 0 - 0
- Mainz - F Koln : 2 - 0
- Mannheim - Oldenburg : 2 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Celta - Ath Bilbao : 0 - 2
- Espanol - Logrones : 5 - 1
- Hercules - Barcelona : 2 - 1
- La Coruna - Valladolid : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?