Monday September 01, 1975
US date format: 9/1/1975, UK date format: 1/9/1975
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 1, 1975). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Scott Speedman and Omar Rodriguez-Lopez.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell.
In UK Sailing by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Dog Day Afternoon, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while How The Good Guys Finally Won by Jimmy Breslin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fawlty Towers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Steeplechase or Gun Fight.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 01, 1975?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- See more
- All political parties forbidden in Bangladesh
- Gunsmoke resigns the air
- KOL-AM in Seattle Washington changes call letters to KMPS
- New York City transit fare rises from 35 cents to 50 cents
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 01, 1975?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds - Fallin' In Love
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight
- Janis Ian - At Seventeen
- James Taylor - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'
- David Bowie - Fame
- The Isley Brothers - Fight The Power (Part 1)
- Barry Manilow - Could It Be Magic
- Eagles - One Of These Nights
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Pointer Sisters - How Long (Betcha' Got A Chick On The Side)
- Graham Central Station - Your Love
- KC And The Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight
- Tavares - It Only Takes A Minute
- Peoples Choice - Do It Any Way You Wanna
- Crown Heights Affair - Dreaming A Dream
- Jackie Moore - Make Me Feel Like A Woman
- New Birth - Dream Merchant
- Eddie Kendricks - Get The Cream Off The Top
- Jeannie Reynolds - The Phones Been Jumping All Day
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next September 01If September 01, 1975 is your birthday you're 45 years, 28 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 months, 3 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on September 01, 1975?
On September 01, 1975 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is September 01, 1975?
On September 01, 1975 the zodiac sign was Virgo.
Who was the US President on September 01, 1975?
On September 01, 1975 the US President was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on September 01, 1975?
On September 01, 1975 the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour).
Who was the Pope on September 01, 1975?
On September 01, 1975 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on September 01, 1975?
On September 01, 1975 several famous people were born including, Scott Speedman, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, Neil Payne.
What was the number one song in September 01, 1975?
The number one song in the week of September 01, 1975 was Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell in US and Sailing by Rod Stewart in UK.
What were the top hits on September 01, 1975?
The top hits on September 01, 1975 were Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell, Fallin' In Love by Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds, Get Down Tonight by K.C and the Sunshine Band in US and Sailing by Rod Stewart, The Last Farewell by Roger Whittaker, I Can't Give You Anything (But My Love) by The Stylistics in UK.