Tuesday 16 September 1975
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amy Price-Francis and Gal Friedman.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Fame by David Bowie.
In UK Sailing by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Dog Day Afternoon, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Moneychangers by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gruntovcani.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing dnd or Shark Jaws.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1975!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 16 September 1975 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Amy Price-Francis
- Gal Friedman
- Kip Harkrider: Carthage, Texas -- Baseball infielder (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Gal Fridman: Israeli windsurfer.
- Jason Leffler: American race car driver (d. 2013).
- Shannon Noll: Australian singer and songwriter.
- Irene Hayes: Ziegfeld girl and businesswoman (Born 1896).
- Papua New Guinea gains independence from Australia (National Day)
- Pirates beat Cubs 22-0, Rennie Stennett is 3rd to go 7 for 7
- Rennie Stennett is 2nd to hit 7-for-7 in a 9-inning game
- The Cape Verde Islands, Mozambique, and Sao Tome and Principe join the United Nations.
- The first prototype of the MiG-31 interceptor makes its maiden flight.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Bowie - Fame
- Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- Janis Ian - At Seventeen
- John Denver - I'm Sorry
- The Isley Brothers - Fight The Power (Part 1)
- Barry Manilow - Could It Be Magic
- David Geddes - Run Joey Run
- Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds - Fallin' In Love
- Freddy Fender - Wasted Days And Wasted Nights
- Bad Company - Feel Like Makin' Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?