Tuesday 3 August 1976
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sarybel Velila and Troy Glaus.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John.
In UK Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John & Kiki Dee was in the top 5 hits.
Obsession, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kottan ermittelt.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dukedom or F-1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1976!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1976 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 August 1976
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
- Gary Wright - Love Is Alive
- Starbuck - Moonlight Feels Right
- Wings - Let 'Em In
- Bee Gees - You Should Be Dancing
- The Beach Boys - Rock And Roll Music
- The Beatles - Got To Get You Into My Life
- The Manhattans - Kiss And Say Goodbye
- Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
- Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?