Saturday 3 July 1976
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrea Barber and Wade Belak.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Silly Love Songs by Wings.
In UK Combine Harvester by The Wurzels was in the top 5 hits.
They Came from Within, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Passages by Gail Sheehy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Power Without Glory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Datsun 280 ZZZAP or Barricade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1976!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1976 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Andrea Barber: Actress (Kimmy Gibbler-Full House).
- Wade Belak: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2011).
- Shane Lynch: Irish singer-songwriter and actor (Boyzone).
- Henry Olonga: Zimbabwean cricketer and sportscaster.
- Wanderlei Silva: Brazilian-American mixed martial artist.
- Bobby Skinstad: Zimbabwean-South African rugby player
- Hans Bentz van den Berg: Dutch actor (Last Train), dies at 58.
- Adolfo Suarez becomes Premier of Spain
- After 12 years, Brian Wilson performs with the Beach Boys
- Israel launches rescue of 103 Air France crew and passengers being held at Entebbe Airport in Uganda by pro-Palestinian hijackers
- ''Gregg v. Georgia'': The Supreme Court of the United States rules that the death penalty is not inherently cruel or unusual and is a constitutionally acceptable form of punishment.
- The great heat wave in the United Kingdom, which is currently suffering from drought conditions, reaches its peak.
- ''United States Bicentennial'': From coast to coast, the United States celebrates the 200th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wings - Silly Love Songs
- Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
- Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Sara Smile
- Captain and Tennille - Shop Around
- More, More, More (Part 1) - Andrea True Connection
- Silver Convention - Get Up And Boogie (That's Right)
- The Brothers Johnson - I'll Be Good To You
- The Manhattans - Kiss And Say Goodbye
- Gary Wright - Love Is Alive
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?