Saturday 4 April 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alex Rambaldi and Phil Morris.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
Gidget, directed by Paul Wendkos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The First Easter by Peter Marshall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The David Niven Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1959!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1959 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Alex Rambaldi: Italian interior designer and noted family, the son of Carlo and Bruna Rambaldi.
- Phil Morris: American actor and screenwriter.
- Fed of Mali, consisting of Senegal and French Sudan (dissolved 1960)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Venus
- The Fleetwoods - Come Softly To Me
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- Brook Benton - It's Just A Matter Of Time
- Thomas Wayne - Tragedy
- David Seville - Alvin's Harmonica
- Ricky Nelson - Never Be Anyone Else But You
- Dodie Stevens - Pink Shoe Laces
- The Bell Notes - I've Had It
- Ricky Nelson - It's Late
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?