Monday 5 January 2015US date format: 1/5/2015, UK date format: 5/1/2015
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 5, 2015). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Brooklyn Lachey .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Blank Space by Taylor Swift.
Dope, directed by Rick Famuyiwa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2015
while Gray Mountain by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nightwatch.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AdvertCity or AirMech.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 January 2015
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 2015!
Which were the important events of 5 January 2015 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- In ice hockey, the 2015 World Junior Ice Hockey Championship closes with Canada beating Russia in the gold medal game, while Slovakia captures bronze. (Canadian Press via Yahoo! Sports Canada)
- The Justice Department charges two American citizens of Gambian descent with violating the Neutrality Act by helping to finance and lead the 2014 Gambian coup d'état attempt. (New York Times)
- The anti-graft body of the Communist Party of China detains Yang Weize, incumbent Party Secretary of Nanjing, the provincial capital of Jiangsu province, for investigation. (SCMP)
- Taiwan's justice ministry releases former President Chen Shui-bian from jail on a one-month medical parole. (BBC)
- Lebanon implements stricter immigration rules on its Syrian border in response to the refugee crisis caused by the Syrian Civil War. (Reuters)
- South Korea announces that it will repatriate the remains of Chinese Peoples Liberation Army soldiers killed in the Korean War. (Yonhap)
- After being grounded in Abu Dhabi for over 12 hours with all passengers on board, Etihad Airways Flight 183 completes its flight to San Francisco International Airport. (KRON).
- An avalanche near the Rettenbach glacier in the Austrian Alps, kills two prospects for the United States ski team, Ronnie Berlack and Bryce Astle. (AP)
- For the second day in a row a multi-story residential building in Nairobi, Kenya, collapses, this time an 8-story building, killing one person with eight people still missing. (AP via ABC)
- Ireland becomes the first European nation to be allowed to export beef to the United States since the mad cow disease scare 15 years ago. (AP via Star Tribune)
- China relaxes controls over the export of rare earth elements after losing a case brought by the United States at the World Trade Organization. (AP)
- The site where Jesus may have been tried, prior to his crucifixion, opens to the public for the first time located under an abandoned prison building, called Kishle, that is part of the Tower of David Museum ground in the Old City of Jerusalem, Israel. (Huffpost)
- A Czech archaeological team discovers the tomb of formerly unknown Ancient Egyptian queen Khentakawess III who lived during the Fifth Dynasty. (CNN)
- A suicide car bomber hits the headquarters of EUPOL Afghanistan in Kabul, Afghanistan, killing one person and injuring five others. The Taliban have claimed responsibility. (AP via ABC)
- Bangladeshi police report that two opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party activists are shot dead in clashes with members of the ruling Awami League in the town of Natore on the first anniversary of disputed general election. (BBC)
- Two militants, one wearing a suicide vest, kill two Saudi Arabian border guards and a general near the border with Iraq. (Businessweek)
- News emerges that two days prior hundreds of Boko Haram militants had overrun several towns in northeast Nigeria and captured the military base in Baga. (Wall Street Journal)
- Boko Haram: News emerges that two days prior hundreds of Boko Haram militants had overrun several towns in northeast Nigeria and captured the military base in Baga. (Wall Street Journal)
- A Libyan warplane bombs a Greek-operated oil tanker anchored offshore the city of Derna, killing two sailors, one Greek and one Romanian. The Greek government condemned what it called an "unprovoked and cowardly" attack and demanded an investigation and punishment for those responsible. (Reuters)
- Libyan Civil War (2014–present): A Libyan warplane bombs a Greek-operated oil tanker anchored offshore the city of Derna, killing two sailors, one Greek and one Romanian. The Greek government condemned what it called an "unprovoked and cowardly" attack and demanded an investigation and punishment for those responsible. (Reuters)
Sport Games on 5 January 2015
Serie AItalian Football
- Lazio - Sampdoria : 3 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Cordoba - Granada : 2 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Kilmarnock - Celtic : 0 - 2
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Giannina - Panathinaikos : 0 - 0
- Xanthi - Panthrakikos : 0 - 0
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2015 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Taylor Swift - Blank Space
- Uptown Funk! - Mark Ronson Featuring Bruno Mars
- Hozier - Take Me To Church
- Meghan Trainor - Lips Are Movin
- Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass
- I'm Not The Only One - Sam Smith
- Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
- Maroon 5 - Animals
- Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
- Jealous - Nick Jonas
Top #10 R&B songs
- I Don't F**k With You - Big Sean Featuring E-40
- Only - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown
- Tuesday - I LOVE MAKONNEN Featuring Drake
- No Type - Rae Sremmurd
- Bobby Shmurda - Hot Boy
- 7/11 - Beyonce
- CoCo - O.T. Genasis
- Beg For It - Iggy Azalea Featuring M0
- Don't Tell 'Em - Jeremih Featuring YG
- Black Widow - Iggy Azalea Featuring Rita Ora
Top #10 Latin songs
- Bailando - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Descemer Bueno & Gente de Zona
- Propuesta Indecente - Romeo Santos
- Ay Vamos - J Balvin
- Travesuras - Nicky Jam
- Eres Mia - Romeo Santos
- 6 AM - J Balvin Featuring Farruko
- Odio - Romeo Santos Featuring Drake
- Y Asi Fue - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Eres Una Nina - Gerardo Ortiz
- No Me Pidas Perdon - Banda Sinaloense MS de Sergio Lizarraga
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $95.24
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $118.31
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $114.55
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $39.80
- 1 CNY = 1.2727 SEK
- 1 CHF = 7.8761 SEK
- 1 CHF = 14.8461 MXN
- 1 CHF = 6.1765 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?