Saturday 5 October 1991
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Betty Who .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Good Vibrations by Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch.
In UK (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams was in the top 5 hits.
Frankie and Johnny, directed by Garry Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Saint Maybe by Anne Tyler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I'll Fly Away.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Breed or Checkered Flag.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1991!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 5 October 1991 ?
- Actor Ted Shackelford (Knots Landing) weds Annett Wolf
- Fresno State ties NCAA record with 49 points in a quarter, as they route New Mexico 94-17
- Military transport plane crashes at Djakarta, 133 dies
- New Jersey Devils begin their 10th Anniversary with a 7-2 win over the Blues
- USSR reduces nuclear weapons arsenal
- An Indonesian military transport crashes after takeoff from Jakarta killing 137.
- The first official version of the Linux kernel, version 0.02, is released.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations
- Color Me Badd - I Adore Mi Amor
- Mariah Carey - Emotions
- Natural Selection - Do Anything
- Firehouse - Love Of A Lifetime
- Karyn White - Romantic
- Bonnie Raitt - Something To Talk About
- Boyz II Men - Motownphilly
- Extreme - Hole Hearted
- R.E.M. - Shiny Happy People
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?