Sunday 6 October 1991
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roshon Fegan and Joey Diamond.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Good Vibrations by Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch.
In UK (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams was in the top 5 hits.
Frankie and Johnny, directed by Garry Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Imajica by Clive Barker was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I'll Fly Away.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Extase or Desert Assault.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1991!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 6 October 1991 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
Famous Birthdays:06 October
- Lincoln Demyan: Dies at 66.
- Elizabeth Taylor weds for 8th time (Larry Fortensky)
- Meg Mallon wins LPGA Daikyo World Golf Championship
- New York Mets' David Cone ties National League record by striking out 19 Philadelphia Phillies players.
- President Gorbachev condemns Antisemitism in the Soviet Union in a statement read on the 50th anniversary of the Babi Yar massacres, which saw the death of 35,000 Jews in the Ukraine.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations
- Color Me Badd - I Adore Mi Amor
- Mariah Carey - Emotions
- Natural Selection - Do Anything
- Firehouse - Love Of A Lifetime
- Karyn White - Romantic
- Bonnie Raitt - Something To Talk About
- Boyz II Men - Motownphilly
- Extreme - Hole Hearted
- R.E.M. - Shiny Happy People
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 October 1991
- Dallas Cowboys - Green Bay Packers : 20 - 17
- Denver Broncos - Houston Oilers : 14 - 42
- Miami Dolphins - New England Patriots : 20 - 10
- Minnesota Vikings - Detroit Lions : 20 - 24
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?