Sunday 8 February 1976
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Holly Manthei and Jim Parque.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover by Paul Simon.
In UK December '63 by The Four Seasons was in the top 5 hits.
Taxi Driver, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while The Eagle Has Landed by Jack Higgins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lost Islands.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bigfoot Bonkers or Heavyweight Champ.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1976!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1976 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Holly Manthei: Edina, Minnesota -- Soccer midfielder / forward (1996 Olympics).
- Jim Parque: Norwalk, California -- Baseball pitcher (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Capone : Rapper.
- Khaled Mashud: Bangladeshi cricketer.
- Adam Piatt: American baseball player.
- Jan Stephens wins LPGA Sarah Coventry Naples Golf Classic.
- Hua Guofeng becomes premier of People's Republic of China.
- Largest crowd at Cleveland Coliseum (Cleveland Cavaliers vs Washington Bullets - 21,130).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Simon - 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover
- Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Sing A Song
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Paul Anka - Times Of Your Life
- Rhythm Heritage - Theme From S.W.A.T.
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?