Sunday 9 March 1980
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew Gray Gubler and Matthew Gubler.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen.
In UK Together We Are Beautiful by Fern Kinney was in the top 5 hits.
Coal Miner's Daughter, directed by Michael Apted, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Princess Daisy by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strumpet City.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Firebird or Moon Cresta.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1980!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1980 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Matthew Gray Gubler: American actor.
- Matthew Gubler: TV Actor.
- Chingy : American rapper.
- Matt Barnes: Basketball Player.
- Trent Croad: Australian footballer.
- Olga Chekova: Actress (Moulin Rouge, Pawns of Possession), dies at 82.
- Flemish / Walloon battles in Belgium, 40 injured
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 March 1980
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Teri DeSario - Yes, I'm Ready
- Dan Fogelberg - Longer
- Andy Gibb - Desire
- Donna Summer - On The Radio
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- Spinners - Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me Girl (Medley)
- Rupert Holmes - Him
- Shalamar - The Second Time Around
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?