Sunday 23 March 1980
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kafétien Gomis and Russell Howard.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Another Brick In The Wall (Part II) by Pink Floyd.
In UK Together We Are Beautiful by Fern Kinney was in the top 5 hits.
The Changeling, directed by Peter Medak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strumpet City.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boxing or Network.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1980!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1980 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Kafétien Gomis: French long jumper.
- Russell Howard: English comedian.
- Ryan Day: Welsh snooker player.
- Itay Tiran: Israeli actor.
- Ambwene Simukonda: Malawian sprinter.
- Arthur Melvin Okun: American economist (Born 1928).
- Shah of Iran arrives in Egypt
- Donna Caponi Young Pro-Am wins LPGA National Golf Tournament.
- Archbishop Oscar Romero of El Salvador gives his famous speech appealing to men of the El Salvadoran armed forces to stop killing the Salvadorans.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 March 1980
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Dan Fogelberg - Longer
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Andy Gibb - Desire
- Spinners - Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me Girl (Medley)
- Donna Summer - On The Radio
- Rupert Holmes - Him
- Shalamar - The Second Time Around
- Too Hot - Kool & The Gang
- Linda Ronstadt - How Do I Make You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?