Tuesday 9 May 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Happening by The Supremes.
In UK Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
For a Few Dollars More, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Tales Of Manhattan by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kommissar Brahm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1967 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 May
- 1st flight of Fokker F-28 Fellowship
- Gijsbert van Hall resigns as Mayor of Amsterdam
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- The Buckinghams - Don't You Care
- The Dave Clark Five - You Got What It Takes
- Peaches and Herb - Close Your Eyes
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?