Wednesday 9 May 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Makes Me Wonder by Maroon5.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
28 Weeks Later, directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Kingdom Come by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tales from the Pub.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Build-a-lot or Clive Barker's Jericho.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 9 May 2007 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 May
- Subtropical storm Andrea forms off the coast of Florida, the earliest subtropical storm since Ana in 2003.
- ''The Times'' and Phoenix TV reports that Huang Ju, Executive Vice Premier of the People's Republic of China and a member of the Standing Committee of the Communist Party of China, has died in Beijing. However, the State Council of the People's Republic of China denies these reports. (IOL)
- At least nine Colombian policeman are killed and six others injured from a bomb planted by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia in Santander Department. (BBC)
- The Shanghai Composite Index of the Shanghai Stock Exchange reaches a record high 4,000 points. (New York Times)
- Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf is re-elected as the Mayor of Tehran, Iran. (BBC)
- Pope Benedict XVI arrives in Brazil on his first visit to Latin America to reaffirm Catholicism in the region. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- The first named storm of the 2007 Atlantic hurricane season, Subtropical Storm Andrea, forms off the southeastern United States. (CNN)
- Four people in the United Kingdom are arrested in connection with the 7 July 2005 London bombings. (BBC)
- Iraq War:
- Dick Cheney, the Vice President of the United States, travels to Baghdad to encourage reconciliation amongst factions. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- At least 12 people die as a truck bomb explodes in Arbil, the capital of the Kurdistan Regional Government in Iraq. (Reuters via Sydney Morning Herald)
- The United Kingdom Home Office is restructured with a new Ministry of Justice being formed to handle prisons, probation and the sentencing of offenders. (BBC)
- An international genetic research program identifies a group of genes which may cause bipolar disorder. (Daily Telegraph)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?