Wednesday 17 May 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cameron Bancroft and Debbie Dutch in Titusville.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Groovin' by The Young Rascals.
In UK Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
For a Few Dollars More, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Liebesgeschichten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1967!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1967 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Cameron Bancroft: Actor (Beverly Hills 90210).
- Debbie Dutch in Titusville: New Jersey, USA; actress (Hell's Paradox).
- Evelyne Binsack: Swiss mountaineer and adventurer, first Swiss woman to climb Mount Everest, helicopter pilot, reached the south pole in 2007 by starting from her home town in Switzerland on foot, bicycle and ski.
- Dennis Luciani: American on a TV reality show, this "Average Joe" was cut in the second round in a series that concluded on December 8, 2003 where he was competing for the love of an NFL cheerleader and model.
- Paul D'Amour: American bass player (Tool and Replicants).
- Mohamed Nasheed: Maldivian lawyer and politician 4th President of the Maldives
- Nigel Martin Balchin: Novelist.
- Six-Day War: President Gamal Abdel Nasser of Egypt demands dismantling of the peace-keeping UN Emergency Force in Egypt.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 May 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- Peaches and Herb - Close Your Eyes
- The Buckinghams - Don't You Care
- The Dave Clark Five - You Got What It Takes
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?