Saturday November 09, 1996
US date format: 11/9/1996, UK date format: 9/11/1996
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 9, 1996). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Momo (singer) and Cheyenne Pyle.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to No Diggity by BLACKstreet.
In UK Say You'll Be There by The Spice Girls was in the top 5 hits.
The Disappearance of Finbar, directed by Sue Clayton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Executive Orders by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Out of Sight.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cheesy or Bruce Jenner's World Class Decathlon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 09, 1996?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 09, 1996?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
- Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
- Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- Babyface - This Is For The Lover In You
- Merril Bainbridge - Mouth
- No Mercy - Where Do You Go
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Keith Sweat - Nobody
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- BLACKstreet (Featuring Dr. Dre) - No Diggity
- Ginuwine - Pony
- Mint Condition - What Kind Of Man Would I Be
- Keith Sweat Featuring Athena Cage - Nobody
- Babyface Featuring LL Cool J, Howard Hewett, Jody Watley & Jeffrey Daniels - This Is For The Lover In You
- Az Yet - Last Night (From "The Nutty Professor")
- Dru Hill - Tell Me (From "Eddie")
- New Edition - You Don't Have To Worry/I'm Still In Love With You
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- Brandy, Tamia, Gladys Knight & Chaka Khan - Missing You (From "Set It Off")
Sport Games on November 09, 1996
- Boston Celtics - Chicago Bulls : 92 - 104
- Miami Heat - Dallas Mavericks : 91 - 84
- Milwaukee Bucks - Charlotte Hornets : 100 - 98
- Phoenix Suns - Philadelphia 76ers : 95 - 112
- Portland Trail Blazers - Sacramento Kings : 102 - 103
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Lommel : 1 - 3
- Genk - Gent : 4 - 2
- Lierse - Lokeren : 3 - 0
- Mechelen - Aalst : 1 - 0
- Molenbeek - Cercle Brugge : 2 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona - Ath Madrid : 3 - 3
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona B - Ecija : 2 - 1
- Osasuna - Real Madrid B : 2 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next November 09If November 09, 1996 is your birthday you're 23 years, 10 months, 19 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 1 month, 12 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on November 09, 1996?
On November 09, 1996 the day of the week was Saturday.
What zodiac sign is November 09, 1996?
On November 09, 1996 the zodiac sign was Scorpio.
Who was the US President on November 09, 1996?
On November 09, 1996 the US President was Bill Clinton (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on November 09, 1996?
On November 09, 1996 the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on November 09, 1996?
On November 09, 1996 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on November 09, 1996?
On November 09, 1996 several famous people were born including, Momo (singer), Cheyenne Pyle, Rezigiusz .
Which famous people died on November 09, 1996?
Famous people died on November 09, 1996 include, Roger Makins, Joe Ghiz, Fred Lipmann.
What was the number one song in November 09, 1996?
The number one song in the week of November 09, 1996 was No Diggity by BLACKstreet in US and Say You'll Be There by The Spice Girls in UK.
What were the top hits on November 09, 1996?
The top hits on November 09, 1996 were No Diggity by BLACKstreet, It's All Coming Back To Me Now by Celine Dion, I Love You Always Forever by Donna Lewis in US and Say You'll Be There by The Spice Girls, What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted by Robson & Jerome, If You Ever by East 17 featuring Gabrielle in UK.