Thursday 10 October 2002
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to A Moment Like This by Kelly Clarkson.
In UK The Tide Is High (Get The Feeling) by Atomic Kitten was in the top 5 hits.
The Rules of Attraction, directed by Roger Avary, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Madventures.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aces of the Air or Big Air Freestyle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 2002!
Which were the important events of 10 October 2002 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 October
- Teresa Graves: American actress and singer (Born 1948).
- France confirms that an explosion aboard French oil tanker ''Limburg'' off the coast of Yemen was, indeed, a terrorist act.
- Hungarian Holocaust survivor Imre Kertész wins the Nobel Prize for Literature. The Nobel Committee singled out his 1975 novel ''Fateless'', a semiautobiographical account of a boy sent to Auschwitz who survives by detaching himself from the everyday gritty reality.
- In the journal ''Nature'', anthropologist Milford Wolpoff and colleagues at the University of Michigan argued that the fossil skull discovered in Chad in July is not that of an early human, but of an ape.
- A suicide bomber killed a 71-year-old woman and injured several other at a bus stop near Tel Aviv, Israel.
- A large crowd of Palestinian police officers and militiamen marched in a funeral procession for a policeman killed by a Hamas militiaman. Hamas claims that, although they did not authorize the killing, it was justified under Islamic law.
- The International Court of Justice grants sovereignty over the Bakassi peninsula to Cameroon and not Nigeria.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 October 2002
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?