Tuesday 29 October 2002
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Broderick .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Dilemma by Nelly.
In UK The Long And Winding Road / Suspicious Minds by Will Young & Gareth Gates was in the top 5 hits.
Anand, directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Blessings by Anna Quindlen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Legend of the Snake Spirits.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dexter's Laboratory: Mandark's Lab? or DreamCasters' Duel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 2002!
Which were the important events of 29 October 2002 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- James Broderick: American noted family, the son and first child of Sarah Jessica Parker and her husband, Mathew Broderick.
- Glenn McQueen: American animator (Born 1960).
- Ho Chi Minh City ITC Inferno, a fire destroys a luxurious department store where 1500 people are shopping. Over 60 people died and over 100 are missing. It is the deadliest disaster in Vietnam during peacetime.
- Moscow theatre siege: Some medical experts now believe that the Moscow hostages and terrorists were gassed with a military incapacitating agent such as BZ or a similar substance. Others claim that a fentanyl derivative may have been used. The U.S. Embassy in Moscow stated that it believed that the substance was an opiate. Other candidates suggested include the Russian incapacitating agent Kolokol-1 and aerosolized Valium. Yet another medical expert has stated that the gas used is a common
- Jack the Ripper: The crime novelist Patricia Cornwell announces DNA evidence possibly linking the painter Walter Sickert to one of the many letters claiming to be from the 19th century serial killer Jack the Ripper.
- The Canadian ministry of foreign affairs issues an advisory to Canadians born in Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, and Sudan warning them to ampquotconsider carefullyampquot whether to go to the United States for ampquotany reason.ampquot This follows a US law requiring photos and fingerprints of Canadian citizens born in those countries upon entering the US, as well as the deportation to Syria of Maher Arar, a Canadian citizen. The American ambassador, Paul Cellucci, later assures the Canadian
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 October 2002
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Gillingham - Wolves : 0 - 4
- Grimsby - Burnley : 6 - 5
- Leicester - Coventry : 2 - 1
- Norwich - Nott'm Forest : 0 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Blackpool - Stockport : 1 - 3
- Brechin - Dumbarton : 1 - 1
- Brentford - Plymouth : 0 - 0
- Bristol City - Huddersfield : 1 - 0
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Cambridge - Carlisle : 2 - 1
- Darlington - Scunthorpe : 1 - 1
- Hartlepool - Bristol Rvs : 2 - 0
- Leyton Orient - Southend : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?