Friday 18 October 2002
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Spencer Martin .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Dilemma by Nelly.
In UK The Long And Winding Road / Suspicious Minds by Will Young & Gareth Gates was in the top 5 hits.
Anand, directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while War Of Honor by David Weber was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Top Gear.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DoDonPachi DaiOuJou or Battle Realms: Winter of the Wolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 2002!
Which were the important events of 18 October 2002 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- October 18, 2002 Manila bus bombing: A bomb exploded in suburban Manila, destroying a bus and killing at least three people, while 23 others were wounded. A grenade exploded in the Philippine capital's financial district hours earlier. The bomb attacks occurred only one day after two deadly bombings in the southern Philippines.
- An armed individual entered a school in Stuttgart, Germany and held five people hostage, demanding a ransom for their release. The hostages were known to be four schoolchildren and one teacher. The 16-year old subsequently released the hostages and surrendered peacefully.
- Valentin Tsvetkov, governor of the Russian Far East region of Magadan, was assassinated on the streets in Moscow, in what authorities claim was probably a contract killing.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2002 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 October 2002
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Ahlen - Aachen : 1 - 2
- Ein Trier - Ein Frankfurt : 2 - 2
- Lubeck - Duisburg : 1 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Valence - Metz : 3 - 1
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Colchester - Chesterfield : 2 - 0
- Graafschap - Nijmegen : 1 - 3
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?