Sunday 12 July 1998
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Boy Is Mine by Brandy & Monica.
In UK Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are) by Pras Michel featuring ODB & Mya was in the top 5 hits.
The Mask of Zorro, directed by Martin Campbell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while Unnatural Exposure by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Another Mind or F-Zero X.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1998!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1998 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 July
- 16th Seniors Players Golf Championship
- Jamie Farr Kroger Golf Classic
- At a conference in Rome, 120 countries vote to create a permanent International Criminal Court to prosecute individuals for genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, and the crime of aggression.
- In Saint Petersburg, Nicholas II of Russia and his family are buried in St. Catherine Chapel, 80 years after he and his family were killed by Bolsheviks.
- A tsunami triggered by an undersea earthquake destroys 10 villages in Papua New Guinea, killing an estimated 1,500, leaving 2,000 more unaccounted for and thousands more homeless.
- Biologists report in the journal ''Science'' how they sequenced the genome of the bacterium that causes syphilis, ''Treponema pallidum''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?