Sunday October 17, 1993
US date format: 10/17/1993, UK date format: 17/10/1993
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see zodiac on October 17, 1993). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Witney Carson .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Dreamlover by Mariah Carey.
In UK Boom! Shake The Room by Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince was in the top 5 hits.
Me and the Kid, directed by Dan Curtis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Hidden Life Of Dogs by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching La petite vie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chuck Rock II: Son of Chuck or Eternal Champions.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 17, 1993?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 17, 1993?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Jose Y Durval - Guadalupe
- Cristian - Nunca Voy A Olvidarte
- Luis Miguel - Hasta Que Me Olvides
- Gloria Estefan - Con Los Anos Que Me Quedan
- Vicente Fernandez - Lastima Que Seas Ajena
Sport Games on October 17, 1993
- Cleveland Browns - Cincinnati Bengals : 28 - 17
- Houston Oilers - New England Patriots : 28 - 14
- Kansas City Chiefs - San Diego Chargers : 17 - 14
- New Orleans Saints - Pittsburgh Steelers : 14 - 37
- Philadelphia Eagles - New York Giants : 10 - 21
Serie AItalian Football
- Cagliari - Napoli : 1 - 2
- Cremonese - Parma : 0 - 0
- Foggia - Milan : 1 - 1
- Inter - Torino : 0 - 0
- Juventus - Atalanta : 2 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Osasuna : 1 - 2
- Ath Madrid - Sociedad : 1 - 2
- La Coruna - Barcelona : 1 - 0
- Lerida - Sp Gijon : 1 - 1
- Logrones - Valencia : 2 - 0
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Sochaux - Nantes : 1 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1993?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 17, 1993?
On October 17, 1993 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is October 17, 1993?
On October 17, 1993 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 17, 1993?
On October 17, 1993 the US President was Bill Clinton (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 17, 1993?
On October 17, 1993 the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 17, 1993?
On October 17, 1993 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 17, 1993?
On October 17, 1993 several famous people were born including, Witney Carson.
Which famous people died on October 17, 1993?
Famous people died on October 17, 1993 include, Frank J Del Giudice, Wim van Dooren, Helmut Gollwitzer.
What was the number one song in October 17, 1993?
The number one song in the week of October 17, 1993 was Dreamlover by Mariah Carey in US and Boom! Shake The Room by Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince in UK.
What were the top hits on October 17, 1993?
The top hits on October 17, 1993 were Dreamlover by Mariah Carey, Right Here (Human Nature) by SWV, The River Of Dreams by Billy Joel in US and Boom! Shake The Room by Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince, Relight My Fire by Take That featuring Lulu, I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) by Meat Loaf in UK.