Monday 17 October 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Puss in Boots, directed by Chris Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Son of Neptune: The Heroes of Olympus, Book Two by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carnation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cubixx HD or Lego Battles: Ninjago.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 17 October 2011 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 October
- 2011 Libyan civil war: National Transitional Council forces gain control of Muammar Gaddafi's former stronghold of Bani Walid, after a bloody six-week siege. (''The Guardian'')
- 2011 Yemeni uprising: At least 12 people die in another major outbreak of fighting in the Yemeni capital Sana'a between supporters and opponents of President Ali Abdullah Saleh. (BBC)
- Somali militant group Al-Shabab threatens a counterattack against Kenya in response to the entry of Kenyan Army forces into Somalia. (Al-Jazeera)
- Apple Inc. releases its sales report for the iPhone 4S smartphone, which has reportedly sold over 4 million units worldwide in under four days, breaking company sales records. (''Computer World'')
- The Donostia-San Sebastián International Peace Conference is held in the city of Donostia-San Sebastián in the Basque Country, aimed at promoting a resolution to the ongoing Basque conflict. (BBC News)
- Thousands of protesters demonstrate in the Australian states of New South Wales, Queensland and Western Australia against the coal seam gas industry. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Occupy Wall Street protests take place in hundreds of cities worldwide. (CNN)
- Virgin Group chairman Richard Branson opens the world's first commercial spaceport, Spaceport America, in the U.S. state of New Mexico. The SpaceShipTwo spaceplane is expected to begin commercial flights from the spaceport by 2013. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 October 2011
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?