Tuesday 18 October 1977
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris McKenna in Queens and Emanuel Ortego.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to You Light Up My Life by Debby Boone.
In UK Silver Lady by David Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Looking for Mr. Goodbar, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Laugh-In.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Triple Hunt or Depthcharge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1977!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1977 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Chris McKenna in Queens: New York; actor (Joey - One Life to Live).
- Emanuel Ortego: Argentine actor and singer of the pop genre.
- David Vuillemin: French motocross rider, who was the World Supercross Champion in 1999 and 2001.
- Gloc-9 : Filipino rapper (Death Threat).
- Flavia Colgan: Brazilian-American journalist.
- W German commandos liberate Boeing 737, 86 hostages at Mogadishu
- Yanks beat Dodgers 8-4 for 21st world championship, 1st in 15 years
- New York Yankees beat Los Angeles Dodgers 8-4 for 21st world championship, first in 15 years.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 October 1977
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debby Boone - You Light Up My Life
- Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better
- Shaun Cassidy - That's Rock 'N' Roll
- KC and the Sunshine Band - Keep It Comin' Love
- Heatwave - Boogie Nights
- Foreigner - Cold As Ice
- Commodores - Brick House
- Donna Summer - I Feel Love
- Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band (Medley) - Meco
- Johnny Rivers - Swayin' To The Music (Slow Dancin')
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?