Friday December 19, 2003
US date format: 12/19/2003, UK date format: 19/12/2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see zodiac on December 19, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Hey Ya! by OutKast.
In UK Leave Right Now by Will Young was in the top 5 hits.
Devil's Gate, directed by Stuart St. Paul, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Trojan Odyssey by Clive Cussler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cena Aberta.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Desktop Defender 2: Battle For Existence or Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 19, 2003?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Italian dairy company Parmalat declared a 3.96 billion euro hole in its accounts when the amount held by Cayman Islands-based unit, Bonlat Financing Corporation, was declared false by Bank of America.
- Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi acknowledges that his country was pursuing a development program for weapons of mass destruction but now agrees to its dismantling.
- A revised plan is unveiled for the new Freedom Tower which will be erected on the site of the World Trade Center in New York City. At a symbolic height of 1,776 feet (541 m) (1776 is significant as the year of the United States Declaration of Independence) the projected edifice will be among the tallest buildings in the world.
- Occupation of Iraq:: U.S.-appointed civil administrator of Iraq, L. Paul Bremer reveals that he survived an attack on his convoy on December 6. Prime Minister of Japan Junichiro Koizumi orders the deployment of Japanese forces for non-combat duties in Southern Iraq; polls show that most Japanese voters are opposed to the mission.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 19, 2003?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Sin Bandera - Mientes Tan Bien
- Los Huracanes del Norte - Nomas Por Tu Culpa
- Obie Bermudez - Antes
- Gloria Estefan - Hoy
- Luis Miguel - Te Necesito
Sport Games on December 19, 2003
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Lyon - Paris SG : 1 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Doncaster - Swansea : 3 - 1
- Northampton - Cambridge : 1 - 2
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Boavista - Gil Vicente : 0 - 3
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $39.49
- Apple AAPL: opens at $20.19
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $27.49
- General Electric GE: opens at $30.89
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $93.23
- 1 USD = 107.76 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.3358 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.256 CHF
- 1 EUR = 133.55 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.7009 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on December 19, 2003?
On December 19, 2003 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is December 19, 2003?
On December 19, 2003 the zodiac sign was Sagittarius.
Who was the US President on December 19, 2003?
On December 19, 2003 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on December 19, 2003?
On December 19, 2003 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on December 19, 2003?
On December 19, 2003 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on December 19, 2003?
Famous people died on December 19, 2003 include, Les Tremayne, Peter Carter-Ruck.
What was the number one song in December 19, 2003?
The number one song in the week of December 19, 2003 was Hey Ya! by OutKast in US and Leave Right Now by Will Young in UK.
What were the top hits on December 19, 2003?
The top hits on December 19, 2003 were Hey Ya! by OutKast, The Way You Move by OutKast, Stand Up by Ludacris in US and Leave Right Now by Will Young, I'm Your Man by Shane Richie, Changes by Ozzy & Kelly Osbourne in UK.