Thursday 21 April 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Bridesmaids, directed by Paul Feig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Undercover.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn or Crimzon Clover.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 21 April 2011 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 April
- Elisabeth Sladen: English Actor (Born 1958).
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Muammar Gaddafi's forces continue to use artillery shelling against civilians and rebels in Misrata. Rebels from the Nafusa Mountains region capture Libya's west border, where over 100 loyalist soldiers surrender to Tunisian authorities after being chased out by rebels. (Al Jazeera)
- United State Secretary of Defense Robert Gates says NATO will begin using armed predator drones to combat Muammar Gaddafi's forces. (''The New York Times'')
- Sri Lanka asks the United Nations not to publish a report on alleged war crimes. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Apple / Google smartphone tracking:
- U.S. Congressman Ed Markey (D-Mass.) sends Apple chief executive Steve Jobs a letter asking him to explain the purpose of a file embedded on iPhones and iPads that keeps a detailed log of the devices' location. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- The controversy escalates as some governments announce an intent to investigate any violation of privacy laws. (''The New York Times'')
- The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission fines Brian Hunter $30 million for trades in which he engaged on behalf of Amaranth Advisors in the New York Mercantile Exchange in 2006 that manipulated the value of natural gas futures. (Bloomberg)
- Prominent Vietnamese dissident Cu Huy Ha Vu appeals his sentence for ampquotanti-state propagandaampquot. (''Straits Times'')
- Protests take place in Uganda after the arrest of opposition leader Kizza Besigye during a demonstration. (''Daily Monitor'')
- Chinese lorry drivers stage a second day of protests in Shanghai at rising inflation. (BBC)
- Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's name is to be removed from all public places including schools and streets by order of an Egyptian court. (Al Jazeera)
- U.S. Senator John Ensign, a Nevada Republican, announces his resignation from his Senate seat effective May 3, due to allegations he had an affair with the wife of a member of his staff. (Bloomberg)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 April 2011
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Freiburg - Hannover : 1 - 3
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Erzgebirge Aue - Cottbus : 1 - 2
- Osnabruck - Frankfurt FSV : 1 - 1
- Paderborn - Bochum : 0 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Ipswich - Norwich : 1 - 5
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Padova - Vicenza : 4 - 1
- Pescara - Frosinone : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?