Wednesday 22 December 1976
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Katleen De Caluwe and Katleen De Caluwé.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK Under The Moon Of Love by Showaddywaddy was in the top 5 hits.
The Enforcer, directed by James Fargo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while The Right And The Power by Leon Jaworski was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Phoenix and the Carpet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bigfoot Bonkers or Fonz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1976!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1976 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Katleen De Caluwe: Belgian athlete.
- Katleen De Caluwé: Belgian sprinter.
- Jason Lane: American baseball player and coach.
- Aya Takano: Japanese author and illustrator.
- 35 Unification church couples wed in New York City
- German DR banishes singer Nina Hagen
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Brick - Dazz
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1976?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?