Friday 24 December 1976, Christmas Eve
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yuri Korean and Yuri .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK Under The Moon Of Love by Showaddywaddy was in the top 5 hits.
The Enforcer, directed by James Fargo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Your Erroneous Zones by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Phoenix and the Carpet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fonz or F-1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1976!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1976 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Yuri Korean: singer.
- Yuri : South Korean singer (Girl Friends and Cool).
- Linda Ferga: French hurdler.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Brick - Dazz
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1976?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?