Saturday 22 December 2001
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to How You Remind Me by Nickelback.
In UK Gotta Get Thru This by Daniel Bedingfield was in the top 5 hits.
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, directed by Peter Jackson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while The Best-Loved Poems Of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis by Caroline Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Auxiliary Power's Demolition Derby and Figure 8 Race or Do You Like Horny Bunnies?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 2001!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 December 2001 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 December
- Ovidiu Iacov: Romanian footballer (Born 1981).
- A flight from Paris, France to Miami, Florida is diverted to Boston, Massachusetts after passenger Richard Reid attempts to set his shoe, filled with explosives, on fire.
- Richard Reid attempts to destroy a passenger airliner by igniting explosives hidden in his shoes aboard American Airlines Flight 63.
- Burhanuddin Rabbani, political leader of the Afghan Northern Alliance, hands over power in Afghanistan to the interim government headed by President Hamid Karzai.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 December 2001
Serie AItalian Football
- Chievo - Roma : 0 - 3
- Lazio - Bologna : 2 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Westerlo - Standard : 1 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Espanol - Barcelona : 2 - 0
- La Coruna - Betis : 2 - 0
- Sevilla - Celta : 0 - 1
- Sociedad - Valladolid : 6 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Albacete - Ferrol : 2 - 1
- Ath Madrid - Santander : 2 - 0
- Elche - Jaen : 1 - 3
- Murcia - Burgos : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?