Sunday 22 December 2002
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum) by Cheeky Girls was in the top 5 hits.
Catch Me If You Can, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Abraham by Bruce Feiler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Love the '80s.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Men in Black II: Alien Escape or Clock Tower 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 2002!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 December 2002 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 December
- Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat announced that he has called off presidential and legislative elections scheduled for next month, as he feels that continued Israeli occupation of Palestinian territory will make a free election impossible.
- North Korea announced that it is physically removing monitoring devices placed on the Yongbyon nuclear reactor. The devices were placed by the United Nations following the 1994 nuclear agreement to shut down Yongbyon, which is capable of making weapons-grade material, in exchange for deliveries of oil. In November 2002, Korea admitted that it is working on a weapons of mass destruction program in response to ampquotimperialist threats.ampquot The United States states it does not trust the
- Demonstrators estimated in the tens of thousands supported proposed national security laws for Hong Kong, following last week's demonstrations with similar numbers against these proposed laws. The Government Consultation Exercise for the proposed laws received 18,000 comments. Article 23 of the Basic Law of Hong Kong, negotiated by Britain and China before the 1997 handover to China, stated that Hong Kong must enact national security legislation by itself banning treason, turning over state
- A senior member of ETA, Ibon Femandez de Iradi, escaped from French custody yesterday. He and a woman companion was arrested Wednesday after their car was found to have false number plates. Ibon Femandez de Iradi was the logistics chief for ETA, a Basque separatist group which has been implicated in terrorist activities.
- ''Time Magazine'' announced that its ampquotPersons of the Yearampquot are three female whistleblowers – Coleen Rowley, FBI agent who wrote a memorandum to FBI Director Robert Mueller claiming that the Minneapolis, Minnesota, office had been remiss in its investigation of suspected terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui Cynthia Cooper, former WorldCom auditor, who alerted the company's Board of Directors of accounting irregularities and Sherron Watkins, former Enron Vice President, who reported to the
- Musician Joe Strummer dies of a heart attack, aged 50.
- Singer Kristyn Osbourne of the country music group SHeDAISY filed a lawsuit against karaoke companies for failure to pay songwriters.
- British/Irish pop girl group Girls Aloud are formed on ''Popstars: The Rivals.''
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 December 2002
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Empoli : 2 - 2
- Chievo - Como : 2 - 0
- Lazio - Bologna : 1 - 1
- Milan - Brescia : 0 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Antwerp - Standard : 1 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Osasuna : 2 - 1
- Espanol - Valladolid : 1 - 0
- Recreativo - Sociedad : 1 - 3
- Valencia - La Coruna : 0 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Eibar - Numancia : 1 - 2
- Getafe - Sp Gijon : 0 - 1
- Levante - Las Palmas : 1 - 1
- Zaragoza - Xerez : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?