Monday December 24, 2001, Christmas Eve
US date format: 12/24/2001, UK date format: 24/12/2001
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see zodiac on December 24, 2001). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to How You Remind Me by Nickelback.
Pitaah, directed by Mahesh Manjrekar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while Jackdaws by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Magical Egypt.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crazy Taxi 2 or Max Payne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 24, 2001?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 24, 2001?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $38.85
- Apple AAPL: opens at $20.90
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $67.72
- General Electric GE: opens at $41.35
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $122.05
- 1 USD = 129.87 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.5935 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.6926 CHF
- 1 EUR = 113.84 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6075 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on December 24, 2001?
On December 24, 2001 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is December 24, 2001?
On December 24, 2001 the zodiac sign was Capricorn.
Who was the US President on December 24, 2001?
On December 24, 2001 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on December 24, 2001?
On December 24, 2001 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on December 24, 2001?
On December 24, 2001 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.