Tuesday 22 May 2001US date format: 5/22/2001, UK date format: 22/5/2001
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 22, 2001). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Molly O'Malia .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All For You by Janet.
In UK Don't Stop Movin' by S Club 7 was in the top 5 hits.
No Such Thing, directed by Hal Hartley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while The Last Time They Met by Anita Shreve was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blind Date.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hot Shots Golf 3 or Ace Attorney.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 May 2001
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 2001!
Which were the important events of 22 May 2001 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Sherpa Temba Tsheri, 16, becomes the youngest person to summit Mount Everest.
- The Versailles wedding hall disaster kills 23 in Jerusalem, Israel.
- Jim Jeffords, the United States Senator for Vermont, leaves the Republican Party and becomes an Independent. He joins the Democratic caucus, giving them a 51-49 majority for the remainder of 107th United States Congress.
- Crown Prince Dipendra of Nepal kills his father, the king, his mother and other members of the royal family with an assault rifle and then shoots himself in the Nepalese royal massacre. Dipendra dies June 4, as King of Nepal. His uncle Gyanendra accedes to the throne.
- A Hamas suicide bomber kills 21, mostly teenagers, in the Dolphinarium disco in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- The finale of 3rd Rock from the Sun airs.
Sport Games on 22 May 2001
- Milwaukee Bucks - Philadelphia 76ers : 85 - 93
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Lil' Romeo - My Baby
- Case - Missing You
- Fiesta - R. Kelly Featuring Jay-Z
- Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott - Get Ur Freak On
- Sunshine Anderson - Heard It All Before
- Love - Musiq Soulchild
- 112 - Peaches & Cream
- Destiny's Child - Survivor
- Lil' Mo Featuring Fabolous - Superwoman Pt. II
- Let Me Blow Ya Mind - Eve Featuring Gwen Stefani
Top #10 Latin songs
- Quiero - Jerry Rivera
- Azul Azul - La Bomba
- Juan Gabriel - Abrazame Muy Fuerte
- O Me Voy O Te Vas - Marco Antonio Solis
- No Te Podias Quedar - Conjunto Primavera
- Ricky Martin - Solo Quiero Amarte
- Y Llegaste Tu - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Tu Recuerdo - Ilegales
- Candela - Chayanne
- Paulina Rubio - Y Yo Sigo Aqui
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $59.66
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $60.44
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $85.80
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $31.00
- 1 AUD = 0.9279 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8093 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.5208 CHF
- 1 GBP = 2.1991 CAD
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?