Thursday May 17, 2001
US date format: 5/17/2001, UK date format: 17/5/2001
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 17, 2001). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Justin Kirk and Nicaya Wiley.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All For You by Janet.
In UK Don't Stop Movin' by S Club 7 was in the top 5 hits.
Very Annie Mary, directed by Sara Sugarman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while Comfort Me With Apples by Ruth Reichl was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blind Date.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dynasty Warriors 3 or Castrol Honda VTR.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 17, 2001?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- See more
- Frank G Slaughter: American novelist and physician (Born...
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 17, 2001?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Sport Games on May 17, 2001
- Milwaukee Bucks - Charlotte Hornets : 104 - 97
Serie AItalian Football
- Milan - Fiorentina : 1 - 2
- Parma - Inter : 3 - 1
- Ajax - Vitesse : 1 - 2
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in May 2001?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $89.15
- Apple AAPL: opens at $24.23
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $69.10
- General Electric GE: opens at $52.00
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $115.80
- 1 USD = 122.49 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.534 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.7384 CHF
- 1 EUR = 108.14 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6168 GBP