Friday December 23, 2005
US date format: 12/23/2005, UK date format: 23/12/2005
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see zodiac on December 23, 2005). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Run It! by Chris Brown.
In UK Hung Up by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
The New World, directed by Terrence Malick, was one of the most viewed movie released in 2005
while A Million Little Pieces by James Fre was one of the best selling book.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battalion Wars or Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 23, 2005?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- See more
- U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld announces the first in an expected series of troop drawdowns following the Iraqi elections.
- An Azeri passenger jet crashed after taking off from the Azerbaijan capital, Baku. (BBC)
- Different sources report that Chadian president Idriss Déby has said his country is in a state of either "war" or "belligerence" with Sudan following a recent rebel attack in which around 100 people were killed. (BBC) (Reuters)
- The 2012 Summer Olympics may have been given to London by a voting error, a senior IOC official theorised. (BBC)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 23, 2005?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Sport Games on December 23, 2005
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Yeovil - Bournemouth : 1 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in December 2005?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $56.75
- Apple AAPL: opens at $74.17
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $26.52
- General Electric GE: opens at $35.56
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $84.00
- 1 USD = 116.29 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.1658 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3129 CHF
- 1 USD = 8.0758 CNY
- 1 EUR = 137.94 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on December 23, 2005?
On December 23, 2005 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is December 23, 2005?
On December 23, 2005 the zodiac sign was Capricorn.
Who was the US President on December 23, 2005?
On December 23, 2005 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on December 23, 2005?
On December 23, 2005 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on December 23, 2005?
On December 23, 2005 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on December 23, 2005?
Famous people died on December 23, 2005 include, Norman D Vaughan, Lajos Baroti.
What was the number one song in December 23, 2005?
The number one song in the week of December 23, 2005 was Run It! by Chris Brown in US and Hung Up by Madonna in UK.
What were the top hits on December 23, 2005?
The top hits on December 23, 2005 were Run It! by Chris Brown, Don't Forget About Us by Mariah Carey, Laffy Taffy by D4L in US and Hung Up by Madonna, StickWitU by The Pussycat Dolls, You Raise Me Up by Westlife in UK.