Saturday March 23, 1996
US date format: 3/23/1996, UK date format: 23/3/1996
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 23, 1996). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Josef Elzein and Jakob Elzein.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion.
In UK Children by Robert Miles was in the top 5 hits.
A Family Thing, directed by Richard Pearce, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Guilty As Sin by Tami Hoag was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Dana Carvey Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Iron Man and X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal or Dancing Eyes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 23, 1996?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- See more
- Taiwan holds its first direct elections and chooses Lee Teng-hui as President.
- Islamists clash with security forces in Kashmir, killing 11.
- The devastating Marcopper mining disaster on the island of Marinduque, Philippines takes place.
- An 81-day long standoff begins between antigovernment Freemen and federal officers in Jordan, Montana.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 23, 1996?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Brandy - Sittin' Up In My Room
- Mary J. Blige - Not Gon' Cry
- Mariah Carey - One Sweet Day
- R. Kelly - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- Everything But The Girl - Missing
- Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down
- Joan Osborne - One Of Us
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- R. Kelly Featuring Ronald Isley - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
- D'Angelo - Lady
- Joe - All The Things (Your Man Won't Do) (From "Don't Be A Menace...")
- Mary J. Blige - Not Gon' Cry (From "Waiting To Exhale")
- Brandy - Sittin' Up In My Room (From "Waiting To Exhale")
- Chantay Savage - I Will Survive
- Total - No One Else
- Busta Rhymes - Woo-Hah!! Got You All In Check/Everything Remains Raw
- LL Cool J - Doin It
- Monica - Before You Walk Out Of My Life/Like This And Like That
Sport Games on March 23, 1996
- Detroit Pistons - Atlanta Hawks : 84 - 92
- Minnesota Timberwolves - Houston Rockets : 108 - 103
- Philadelphia 76ers - Seattle SuperSonics : 89 - 129
- Phoenix Suns - Golden State Warriors : 89 - 98
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Mechelen - Beveren : 2 - 1
- Molenbeek - Lierse : 0 - 0
- Seraing - Antwerp : 0 - 1
- St Truiden - Lommel : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Dortmund - Ein Frankfurt : 6 - 0
- Freiburg - FC Koln : 2 - 0
- Kaiserslautern - Werder Bremen : 0 - 0
- Leverkusen - Bayern Munich : 1 - 2
- Uerdingen - Dusseldorf : 1 - 3
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Leipzig - Bochum : 0 - 1
- Nurnberg - Chemnitz : 1 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 23If March 23, 1996 is your birthday you're 24 years, 6 months, 5 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 5 months, 23 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on March 23, 1996?
On March 23, 1996 the day of the week was Saturday.
What zodiac sign is March 23, 1996?
On March 23, 1996 the zodiac sign was Aries.
Who was the US President on March 23, 1996?
On March 23, 1996 the US President was Bill Clinton (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on March 23, 1996?
On March 23, 1996 the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on March 23, 1996?
On March 23, 1996 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on March 23, 1996?
On March 23, 1996 several famous people were born including, Josef Elzein, Jakob Elzein.
Which famous people died on March 23, 1996?
Famous people died on March 23, 1996 include, Jay D Miller, Peter Baer.
What was the number one song in March 23, 1996?
The number one song in the week of March 23, 1996 was Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion in US and Children by Robert Miles in UK.
What were the top hits on March 23, 1996?
The top hits on March 23, 1996 were Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion, Nobody Knows by Tony Rich Project, Sittin' Up In My Room by Brandy in US and Children by Robert Miles, How Deep Is Your Love by Take That, Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis in UK.