Monday 23 March 1998
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marine Lo Iacono .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Gettin' Jiggy Wit It by Will Smith.
In UK My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion was in the top 5 hits.
Wild Things, directed by John McNaughton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching If I Ruled the World.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blazing Star or Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 March 1998 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Marine Lo Iacono: French Lorraine young prodigy, she passed her baccalaureat (Abitur) with the mention "Très bien", aged 17.
- Gerald Stano: American serial killer (Born 1951).
- 70th Academy Awards: Titanic wins 11 Oscars, Jack Nicholson best actor, Helen Hunt best actress.
- 70th Academy Awards ceremony held in Shrine Auditorium Los Angeles, California.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Will Smith - Gettin' Jiggy Wit It
- Usher - Nice & Slow
- Destiny's Child - No, No, No Part II
- Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On
- Madonna - Frozen
- Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
- Montell Jordan - Let's Ride
- Wyclef Jean - Gone Till November
- Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz - Deja Vu (Uptown Baby)
- Mase - What You Want
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 March 1998
- Boston Celtics - Chicago Bulls : 88 - 111
- Detroit Pistons - Philadelphia 76ers : 94 - 79
- Los Angeles Clippers - Vancouver Grizzlies : 95 - 106
- Los Angeles Lakers - Denver Nuggets : 107 - 86
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Ein Frankfurt - Freiburg : 2 - 0
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- AEK - Apollon : 1 - 0
Celebrate 23 March 1998 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?