Monday 24 August 1998
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sofia Richie and Ellery Hicks.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Boy Is Mine by Brandy & Monica.
In UK No Matter What by Boyzone was in the top 5 hits.
Blade, directed by Stephen Norrington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Minty.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bushido Blade 2 or Dungeon Master Nexus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1998!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 24 August 1998 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Sofia Richie: Model.
- Ellery Hicks: American noted family, the daughter of NBC Sports announcer Hannah Storm and her husband Dan Hicks.
- Robin Packalen: Pop Singer.
- Sofia Andres: TV Actress.
- Robin : Finnish singer.
- E.G. Marshall, American actor (The Defenders, Nixon, Absolute Power), dies at age 88 (born 1910).
- First RFID human implantation tested in the United Kingdom.
- A McDonnell Douglas MD-11 airliner (Swissair Flight 111) crashes near Peggys Cove, Nova Scotia, after taking off from New York City en-route to Geneva all 229 people on board are killed.
- A United Nations court finds Jean-Paul Akayesu, the former mayor of a small town in Rwanda, guilty of nine counts of genocide, marking the first time that the 1948 law banning genocide is enforced.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 24 August 1998
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- St Pauli - Bielefeld : 1 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Leeds - Blackburn : 1 - 0
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Setubal - Sp Lisbon : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?