Saturday August 15, 1998US date format: 8/15/1998, UK date format: 15/8/1998
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1998). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Natasha Bure .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Boy Is Mine by Brandy & Monica.
In UK No Matter What by Boyzone was in the top 5 hits.
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, directed by Guy Ritchie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Any Day Now.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell or Deathtrap Dungeon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1998
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1998!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1998 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
Sport Games on 15 August 1998
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Freiburg : 1 - 2
- Leverkusen - Hansa Rostock : 3 - 1
- M'gladbach - Schalke 04 : 3 - 0
- Munich 1860 - Kaiserslautern : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- TB Berlin - F Koln : 3 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Amiens - Ajaccio : 0 - 2
- Beauvais - Troyes : 0 - 3
- Caen - St Etienne : 1 - 1
- Cannes - Red Star 93 : 1 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Auxerre - Nancy : 3 - 2
- Le Havre - Bordeaux : 2 - 3
- Metz - Marseille : 0 - 1
- Monaco - Sochaux : 4 - 1
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Kelly Price - Friend Of Mine
- Make It Hot - Nicole Featuring Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott & Mocha
- Brandy & Monica - The Boy Is Mine
- Monica - The First Night
- They Don't Know/Are U Still Down - Jon B
- Usher - My Way
- Next - Too Close
- Tatyana Ali - Daydreamin'
- Still Not A Player - Big Punisher Featuring Joe
- Lookin' At Me - Mase Featuring Puff Daddy
Top #10 Latin songs
- Yo Naci Para Amarte - Alejandro Fernandez
- Pepe Aguilar - Por Mujeres Como Tu
- Rezo - Carlos Ponce
- Te Quiero Tanto, Tanto - Onda Vaselina
- Corazon Encadenado - Gisselle Y Sergio Vargas
- Elvis Crespo - Tu Sonrisa
- Se Me Rompe El Alma - Victor Manuelle
- Desde Que Te Amo - Los Tucanes de Tijuana
- Dime Que No - Ricardo Arjona
- Corazoncito - Grupo Mania
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Boyzone - No Matter What
- Viva Forever - The Spice Girls
- Pras Michel featuring ODB & Mya - Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)
- Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
- Mysterious Times - Sash! featuring Tina Cousins
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?