Thursday 25 December 1975, Christmas
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Choi Sung-Yong and Rob Mariano.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Let's Do It Again by The Staple Singers.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Barry Lyndon, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Extra Drei.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destruction Derby or Indy 800.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1975!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1975 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Choi Sung-Yong: South Korean footballer.
- Rob Mariano: American reality TV show star, this man was called a Survivor Hunk.
- Daniel Mustard: American singer-songwriter.
- Hideki Okajima: Japanese baseball player.
- Choi Sung-yong: South Korean footballer and manager.
- Marcus Trescothick: English cricketer
- Gaston Gallimard: French publisher founded Éditions Gallimard (d. 1975).
- Iron Maiden is formed by Steve Harris.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 December 1975
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Staple Singers - Let's Do It Again
- Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Sweet - Fox On The Run
- Silver Convention - Fly, Robin, Fly
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?