Thursday 25 December 1975, Christmas
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rob Mariano and Choi Sung-Yong.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Let's Do It Again by The Staple Singers.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Barry Lyndon, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Bring On The Empty Horses by David Niven was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Extra Drei.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anti-Aircraft or pedit5.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1975!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 December 1975 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Rob Mariano: American reality TV show star, this man was called a Survivor Hunk.
- Choi Sung-Yong: South Korean footballer.
- Daniel Mustard: American singer-songwriter.
- Hideki Okajima: Japanese baseball player.
- Choi Sung-yong: South Korean footballer and manager.
- Marcus Trescothick: English cricketer.
- Gaston Gallimard: French publisher founded Éditions Gallimard (d. 1975).
- Iron Maiden is formed by Steve Harris.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Staple Singers - Let's Do It Again
- Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Sweet - Fox On The Run
- Silver Convention - Fly, Robin, Fly
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?