Monday June 12, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 12, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laura Kirkpatrick and Emma Eliasson.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I'll Be Loving You (Forever) by New Kids On The Block.
In UK Sealed With A Kiss by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, directed by Joe Johnston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Playmates by Robert B. Parker was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Out Run or Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 June 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1989 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Laura Kirkpatrick
- Emma Eliasson: Swedish ice hockey player.
- Ibrahim Jeilan: Ethiopian runner.
- Krista K: Filipino-American model actress and singer.
- Doctor Doctor, TV Comedy starring Matt Frewer, debuts on CBS-TV
- Ben Johnson, Canadian Olympian, admits using steroids.
- Corcoran Gallery of Art removes Robert Mapplethorpe's photography exhibition.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Richard Marx - Satisfied
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
- Donna Summer - This Time I Know It's For Real
- Waterfront - Cry
Top #10 R&B songs
- The O'Jays - Have You Had Your Love Today
- Mr. D.J. - Joyce "Fenderella" Irby
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Little Jackie Wants To Be A Star
- De La Soul - Me Myself And I
- Luther Vandross - For You To Love
- Tony Toni Tone - For The Love Of You
- Peabo Bryson - Show & Tell
- BeBe & CeCe Winans - Lost Without You
- Anita Baker - Lead Me Into Love
- Kiara - Every Little Time
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?