Sunday 26 October 1902
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Paul Sharkey Zukauskas and Françoise Gaudet-Smet.
while Dorothy Vernon of Haddon Hall by Charles Major was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1902!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1902 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Joseph Paul Sharkey Zukauskas: Boxer.
- Françoise Gaudet-Smet: French Canadian journalist and writer who worked mostly in Quebec.
- Beryl Markham: Kenyan horse trainer, adventurer, aviatrix and memoir writer (Born 1902).
- Jack Sharkey: American boxer and referee (d. 1994).
- Henrietta Swope: American astronomer and academic (d. 1980).
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton: American feminist and suffragette (Born 1815).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1902 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In the Good Old Summer Time - J.W. Myers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?