Tuesday October 21, 1902
US date format: 10/21/1902, UK date format: 21/10/1902
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 21, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Hilarion Rubio and Lillian Bronson.
A Trip to the Moon, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 21, 1902?
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- See more
- In the United States, a five month strike by United Mine Workers ends.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 21, 1902?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- J.W. Myers - In the Good Old Summer Time