Friday 31 October 1902, Halloween
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marie-Laure de Noailles and Eduard Franz.
A Trip to the Moon, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 October 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1902!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1902 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Marie-Laure de Noailles
- Charles Drummond de Andrade: Brazilian poet (Claro Enigma).
- Eduard Franz: Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Actor (Zorro).
- Willie Shaw race car driver (Indy 500-1937: 1939, 1940).
- Carlos Andrade: Brazilian writer, one of the top national authors and poets.
- Abraham Wald: Romanian mathematician and economist (d. 1950).
- Jean-Baptist Colyns: Composer, dies at 67.