Saturday 29 August 2015
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
The Man from U.N.C.L.E., directed by Guy Ritchie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2015
while Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World's Weirdest Events.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lego Dimensions or Fat Princess Adventures.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 2015!
Which were the important events of 29 August 2015 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 August
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 August 2015
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2015?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?