Friday 29 May 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Danny Elfman in Los Angeles and Rick Henderson in Beaumont.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Julius Caesar, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The High And The Mighty by Ernest K. Gann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candid Camera.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1953!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1953 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Danny Elfman in Los Angeles: California, USA; composer (The Simpsons show theme).
- Rick Henderson in Beaumont: Texas, USA; singer (Mason Dixon - "Karen Comes Around").
- Danny Elfman: Composer.
- Aleksandr Abdulov: Russian actor and screenwriter (d. 2008).
- Giles Clarke: English businessman.
- Man Mountain Dean: American professional wrestler (Born 1891).
- Edmund P Hillary of New Zealand and Nepalese Sherpa Tensing Norkay are first to reach summit of Mount Everest in Nepal, the highest mountain on earth.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ruby - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?